UKR-GENSEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > UKR-GENSEARCH > 2003-12 > 1070571610

From: "Mike Sykos" <>
Subject: [UKR-GENSEARCH] Help
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:00:12 -0600

Our current family name is Sykos, but who knows what it amy have been before transliteration here in the US. My mother and father came from the Ukraine, at the time I believe they came from the area of Bukovina. The name of the town was reported to be spelled something like Sohavisko, I did find a reference in an old book on the Ukraine "UKRAINE The land and it's people" by Rudnitsky and published in 1918 to a town spelled Sinevidsko. Can anyone provide any help?

Mike Sykos

This thread: