UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2005-05 > 1115116565

From: "Andrew Roberts" <>
Subject: Re: [UK-W&H] St Marylebone Workhouse
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 11:36:54 +0100

From Andrew Roberts
web address: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/www/study/

Yes - But St Marylebone was a very large parish so it had its own
workhouse from 1730 - one of the earliest, I believe.

Peter Higginbotham's site has the history

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/StMarylebone

Records he lists do not go back before the 1850s and I wonder if
anyone knows what happened to the earlier ones?