UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2003-04 > 1049526239

From: "John Alan Longbottom" <>
Subject: Re: [UK-W&H] Southampton
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 08:03:59 +0100

From Alan Longbottom @ Pudsey

I have a copy of the Hospitals Year Book 1947 which states that :-
Southampton Borough General Hospital was at Tremona Road, Shirley Warren,
Southampton
and that it had 495 beds - Try looking at this on www.Multimap.co.uk to
see what is there now

Medical Superintendent was M.K.Jardine
Matron was Miss D.M.Hoar
Visiting Times were Sunday and Wednesday 2-4.p.m.

Unlike the liberal visiting hours in modern hospitals
Which of curse can be very wearying for the patients.

Alan