UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2002-07 > 1027043532

From: "Peter Cavill" <>
Subject: [UK-W&H] Union Workhouse - Edmonton, North London
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:56:54 +0800

Hi Pete,
There are not very many records surviving for Edmonton, but there is
theCreed Register covering the time when the birth took place. This should
confirm when your Nan was admitted and discharged and should also show
information on her child. There are also some birth records also covering
this time but I am not sure what they contain as they are described as
"birth records" rather than the usual description of "registers". All the
records are held at the London Metropolitan Archives.
Good luck
Mary Hallett - West Sussex
Visit my Website at www.fourbears.worldonline.co.uk

Many thanks for your infromative response, Mary; I shall most certainly
visit your website. Maybe it's just me, but even though my beloved Nan
Cavill died way back in 1944, I still get upset and cry when I think of her.
Pete Cavill
Western Australia
ex Enfield, North Middlesex/London

---