UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2000-07 > 0963606372

From: "Edna & Ken" <>
Subject: Re: [UK-W&H] JENNINGS, Eliza b. 1844
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:26:12 -0400

Thanks, Mary, for explaining. As it says on the '51 Census for both
children - Orphan, so that would mean to me that both parents were deceased.
There were quite a few families in the area with the name of Jennings and,
most probably, were relatives who were, for one reason or another, incapable
of caring for them. I wonder if the 1841 Census would show my John Jennings
of Street b. circa 1820 with his wife. I did locate on the IGI - John
Jennings and Sarah Davis m. Aug 1837 Wedmore, Somerset but this is only
speculation at this moment. Ah, questions, questions, questions.

With appreciation,

Edna - Ottawa