UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WORKHOUSE-HOSP > 2000-07 > 0963544939

From: "Edna & Ken" <>
Subject: [UK-W&H] JENNINGS, Eliza b. 1844
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:22:19 -0400

Good Day, I was wondering if you could help me:

How to verify her birth, etc. .... (I have checked Birth Indices
1844-1843
on film at the LDS and cannot locate birth).

* 1851 Census shows an Eliza Jennings age 7 b. Meare at the Wells Workhouse
along with
William Jennings age 9 b. Meare

On the 1861 Census for Street she gives her age as 17 and b. in Meare
On the 1871 Census for Street she gives her age as 27
On the 1881 Census for bristol she gives her age as 37
Eliza passed away in Bristol 1907 at 63 years

On her m. certificate 1863 in Bristol she is 19 years. She m. Philip
Blake,
my Great-grandfather, age 18.
Her father is listed on the m. certificate as John Jennings, Thatcher,
deceased. Would there be any records of the Workhouse stating his (or
wife's) entrance and that of his children (if the Workhouse children are
his), perhaps even his death. When someone passes away at the Workhouse,
would he/she be placed in a pauper's grave? If the children were b. in a
Workhouse, would this be recorded or would it be shown just as Male/Female
and perhaps no record of parents? When someone leaves the Workhouse, is
> this recorded?

Note:
* possibility that this is the same Eliza Jennings

If someone could guide me, it would be appreciated....

Thank you,

Edna - sunny ottawa

This thread: