UK-WAKEFIELD-FHS-L Archives

Archiver > UK-WAKEFIELD-FHS > 2006-09 > 1157717011

From: "carol" <>
Subject: Re: [Wakefieldfhs] Home Guard
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:03:31 +0100

Brian,
My g.uncle also served in the Home Guard in Wakefield during WW2.

I've never followed up on records but have been told that Wakefield Archives
MAY have some MOD / Civil defence records relating to the attendance records
of Home Guards who attended their regular meetings.

I also have a couple of photos of home guard people from Wakefield. One of
them is is on my other site www.whoareyou.org.uk under the WW2 section

Let me know if your father is on the picture and ofcourse, which man he is

Carol
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk
Wakefield Family History Sharing
&