UK-NORTHEAST-L Archives

Archiver > UK-NORTHEAST > 2011-05 > 1304426622

From: Rod Clayburn <>
Subject: [UK-NORTHEAST] Guild of One-Name Studies
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 13:43:42 +0100

Dear List Manager,

Please may we crave your indulgence for a quick message?

Are you a Northumberland or Durham Resident?

Possibly you know of the Guild of One-Name Studies, a registered charity,
that encourages the study of family surnames? We would like to advise you
that our next seminar will be held on at the Northumberland Museum and
Archives, QE2 Country Park, Woodhorn, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF;
starting at 09:30 a.m. on Saturday 21st May 2011.

We are looking for people interested in Family History who live within a
reasonable travelling distance of our next Guild seminar. If you live
locally, perhaps you have already heard about this seminar? Perhaps you
attended one or both of our previous, North-East area, Guild seminars in
Sunderland, August 2005 and Durham, August 2008?

Although the heading for the seminar topic is 'Mining', please do not take
it to be the same subject matter that you may have heard previously.
Rather, please treat this more as a Guild social event, where you can meet
Guild members, have a chat, find out more as to what the Guild is all about
and if interested, visit the Northumberland Archives.

For those who are Internet savvy; the place to look for making a booking is:
www.one-name.org/events.html

For those who prefer to book by post; further information may be obtained
by telephoning the Guild HelpDesk on 0800 011 2182, or by contacting the
booking secretary.
Email:

Please support us in our endeavours - bringing the Guild to you.

Thank you

Rod Clayburn
Secretary - Guild Seminar Sub-Committee

This thread: