UK-CAERWENT-COMMUNITY-L Archives

Archiver > UK-CAERWENT-COMMUNITY > 2007-06 > 1181939916

From: "Paul Newbury" <>
Subject: [UK-CAERWENT-COMMUNITY] Red House, Caerwent ,Mon
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:38:36 +0100

Dear Listers,
George Thompson Pratten and his wife Jane from Frome had lived at the Red House in Caerwent since 1885 and brought up about six of their ten children there. About December 1906 Jane died and George followed her in the New year of 1907
Their eldest daughter, born 1863, whose married name was Mary Jane Adams and came from West End Caldicottl was present at the death of her father, while the much younger Ethel Kate House,born 1887, came from Farmers' Cottages, Portskewett when her mother lay dying. Are any of their descendants still living locally?
And please, where was the Red House in Caerwent, what sort of place was it, and have any photographs of it survived?
I have relatives still living locally, but no one seems to have heard of it. I shall be away from home now until Monday 25th June but will reply personally to anyone who can help me, and will happily answer any questions or share any information they may wish to have in reply.
Yours very sincerely,
Paul A.R.Newbury

This thread: