UK-BURBAGE-L Archives

Archiver > UK-BURBAGE > 2009-08 > 1251648687

From: "Richard & Joan Dickson" <>
Subject: [UK-BURBAGE] Re :Burbage to Gosport
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:11:27 +0100

We are without a kitchen at present and my sister who lives in Gosport,
Hampshire has just cooked us, and various other family members, a Sunday
lunch. A lovely way to spend a dull and slightly chilly day.
In fact this leads into something I have been thinking of asking about for
some time.Why did my great grandparents Philip White and Sarah Ann Eagle
plus Francis Johnson, their nephew, move from Burbage to Gosport sometime
between about 1855 and the 1861 census? Francis Johnson was a bricklayer
and Philip White was a bargeman although he appeared to have a different job
on each census. Francis didn't live with the White's but lodged a couple of
miles away.
Regards Joan Dickson