UFT-L Archives

Archiver > UFT > 2002-08 > 1030696880

From: John Maynard <>
Subject: [UFT] UFT User
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:41:24 +1000

Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:40:26 -0600
From: "E.Rodier" <>

Older versions of a 32 bit Windows genealogy program are said to require a 2
GB partition or smaller. Does UFT have any issues with large hard drives?
The more data entered in a discontinued program or old version, the more
editing to do if/when the favorite program does not run on a future
computer. One of my research contacts is still using Roots III DOS but
apparently he cannot do a direct transfer to TMG 5.x and he didn't mention
buying TMG 4.
Elizabeth in Canada

Hello Elizabeth,

I'm using UFT 3.1 on a 20 Gigabyte hard-drive. The UFT data I've imputted
is already over 2 GB in size. So I don't think there's any problem here.

UFT is a 16-bit program. Windows NT/XP is a 32-bit operating system.

UFT runs quite well on FAT32. I converted my hard-drive to NTFS.

UFT operates brilliantly on my computer, which is a Pentium3/450.

No problem here.

John M.

This thread: