TXSWISHE-L ArchivesArchiver > TXSWISHE > 1999-01 > 0915838031
Subject: Swisher County Homepage updated
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 18:27:11 EST
It's been quiet around here, I know, but I finally updated some things that
were long overdue.
1) I uploaded the family photos section. Some of the pages contain a lot of
photos. I made them smaller and clickable to enlarge. I hoped in doing so,
it would decrease the loading time. At first I loaded them as one file, but
then I broke it down into several. It still might need to be. If anyone
feels it takes too long to load, please email me at - I may
have to take the images off the page entirely and the description link may
have to do. Also if any images aren't clickable, or if you find any other
mistakes, please let me know. This is not the finished product, but I need to
know if you're having trouble.
2) I have been working on the cemetery database for Tulia (Rose Hill). Parts
A and B are online and C is being proofread. Sorry this is taking so long,
but it is a large cemetery. I plan to make this my first priority for a
while. When the weather warms, I will work on the 1900 census.
3) I have added photos of the Kress, Happy, and Tulia Cemeteries which are of
their main entries and historical markers. Also, a few headstone photos were
added to the Tulia cemetery main page.
4) I'm starting a Historical Marker page which consist of a few photos. This
is located at:
5) I improved the look of "Light and Hitch." It's a true story about the
early settlement of Wright which later became known as Kress. If you haven't
read it, it might be interesting to you.
Thanks for your patience!
Swisher County Sponsor