TXHOOD-L Archives

Archiver > TXHOOD > 2010-08 > 1280780110

From: RMendelson <>
Subject: Re: [TXHOOD] 1932 Murder of John H. Foss in Hood Co.
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:15:10 -0500

Hi,
Wish I could help, but don't live in the Granbury area. I did grow up about 35 miles from Granbury and I do have a couple of thoughts. Hood County and Hildalgo County are at the opposite ends of the world, almost. If your man lived in Granbury in 1932, I have doubts about owning land in Hildalgo County, especially a pecan orchard. It's possible but not likely. We have pecan orchards in the area of Hood County, also - De Leon, Texas, just a county or two over in Comanche County, comes to mind.
There is no John Foss listed in the Hood County Cemetery Book, so he's not there unless he is in an unmarked grave.
Granbury did have a newspaper at that time. Maybe someone on this list in Granbury can do a lookup. You might also try the Fort Worth Star Telegram. A murder might have been mentioned in that paper.
Good luck!
Shirley