TXHILL-L Archives

Archiver > TXHILL > 2004-02 > 1076291094

From: "Terri Walker" <>
Subject: [TXHILL] Daniel & Walker
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:44:54 -0600

Clay & Vivia, Where in MO did your families live before going to TX? My
Walker and Woody families were in Bates and Taney Co., MO.

If you are interested, the Walker DNA project is the largest of it's kind
and still growing. To participate, you will need to locate a male relative
still carrying the Walker surname.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fabercove/

Here is my Hill Co. family: William F. Woody b 1843 MO married abt 1865 Alta
Walker b. 1841. Alta's parents William Walker and Sarah Wyatt were from
somewhere in TN before arriving in Taney Co. MO about 1845.

William Woody and Alta Walker were in Johnson Co. TX by 1880 and last found
in Hill Co. in 1900. I'm still searching for graves of William and Alta if
anyone researching in Hill Co. happens to find them. My WorldConnect page
is here:

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=terjess2