TURNER-L Archives

Archiver > TURNER > 2005-11 > 1131467873

From: Philip Turner <>
Subject: Re: [TURNER] LISTOWNER POST - Thanksgiving Dinner
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:37:53 -0800 (PST)

Gail,

Good idea but not feasible! I would like to invite
some living Turners from Aberdeen, Scotland and take a
DNA sample from them before sitting down to dinner.

My immigrant ancestor, Rev. William Turner (b. 1645
Aberdeenshire, d. after 1680 Somerset Co., MD) was,
according to family tradition, from Aberdeenshire. It
would be nice to have that confirmed by DNA testing.

Phil Turner

P.S. If Rev. Wm. showed up too, I would get his DNA
sample and pump him about his origin, his family and
his trip to America.

P.T.

--- "Gail R. Blancett" <> wrote:

> If I was at a brick wall on my Turners and descended
> from a female in
> the line, I'd invite any male Turner cousins,
> Uncles, etc. to dinner and
> have on hand a DNA test kit and say "Open your mouth
> and let me swab the
> inside of your cheek" for a DNA sample and "THEN you
> can be served your
> Turkey dinner!"
>
> Latest results were posted to the Turner DNA
> Project's website on 11-01-05.
>
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~turnerdna/

http://mail.yahoo.com

This thread: