TURK-L Archives

Archiver > TURK > 1999-01 > 0916757743

From: Toni Turk <>
Subject: Arnulph le TURQUE
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:55:43 -0700

Seeking to learn location of descendant records for Arnulph le TURQUE, who was captured in Palestine in 1105. He was a Turkish emir of the SALADIN dynasty.

Some descendants of Arnulph became Huguenot, and during the period of persecution in France some of those bearing the name de TURK or its variants fled to various nations. My line fled to the protection of the Brandenburg Elector.

Since Arnulph was ennobled in France, I am looking for extant record sources that may record his descendants prior to the Huguenot exodus. I am also interested in exchanging notes with any TURK researchers working in the area of old Brandenburg, i.e Berlin and environs, including the Neumark. Considerable research has been done on-site in that region.

Toni Richard Turk

This thread: