TRICKEY-L Archives

Archiver > TRICKEY > 2010-02 > 1266063354

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TRICKEY] JOHN TRICKEY BORN C. 1861 CLERKENWELL MIDDX/LONDON
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:15:54 -0000

Author: getcmt
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.trickey/309.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Jo,
Yes John is my grandfather. He is listed on my father's birth certificate (Joseph born May 1906 Finsbury London, died 1989). John's occupation is a Glass Bender. Joseph's mother is Marian, late Teale, formerly Enright. I can only find a John Trickey, same occupation, born Clerkenwell on 1881 census, living with his cousin, Mary Hearm.

What has complicated my search is that Joseph's older sisters (Ellen b 1886, Elizabeth b 1897 & Marian b 1890) have Arthur Trickey (b 1862/3/4) & Mary Ann Keeley (b 1865) as their parents. Arthur is also a Glass Bender/Beveller in Clerkenwell.

John died when Joseph was very young (circa 1910). The 1911 census shows Joe living with his mother (listed as Marian) and sisters Ellen & Marian at the same address, so I know they are the same family, but I'm mystified why their parents have different names.

Joseph had other brothers and sisters, but I do not have their birth certificates to confirm who their parents are. They are: Arthur (1884) Ernest (1892) Edith (1900). Some of them spent time in the workhouse in the early part of the 1900's.

I hope you are able to help as I've been looking for John for two years and have hit a brick wall.
Many thanks,
Chris Trickey

Important Note: