TNRUTHER-L Archives

Archiver > TNRUTHER > 2004-02 > 1077925660

From: Carole Gibson <>
Subject: [TNRUTHER] Puckett and Gibson
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:47:40 -0800

I need your help sorting out the Pucketts of Wilson and Rutherford Counties.

** Who were Isham Puckett's children?

In 1814, Patience Puckett, daughter of Isham married James Gibson, with
Charles Puckett as bondsman:
"On Thursday the 12th inst., Mr. James Gibson of Rutherford Co. to the
amiable Miss Patience Puckett of Wilson Co., daughter of Isham Puckett."
**Does any one know anything about this couple? Did they have children?
Where were they in 1820-1840? Did they migrate to another state?

1850 Patience Gibson is in the census of Wilson Co. with Sarah Puckett, who
I assume is her mother. Yes?
Sarah Puckett, aged 80, b. VA
Patience Gibson, aged 59, b. VA

1858 Patience Gibson is listed as femme sole in a suit to settle her
father's estate. I cannot figure out all of Isham's descendants!
** What does femme sole mean?

1860 Patience Gibson is in the census of Wilson Co. with Sally Blankenship
** Were Patience and Sally sisters? What is their relationship?

I'm actually missing a James Gibson and this could be the couple. On the
other hand, if Charles R. Puckett, who married Catherine Hoover, is
Patience's brother, the James Gibson she married may be part of one of the
other two Gibson clans of Rutherford Co.

Any help sorting this out is appreciated.

Regards,
Carole

This thread: