TNCANNON-L Archives

Archiver > TNCANNON > 2010-12 > 1292210808

From: "Lee Todorovich" <>
Subject: Re: [TNCANNON] Phillips/Farler
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:26:48 -0800

Brent - Thanks for the information on Patton Farler/Farley. Some of it I
have seen...some was new. I realized the marriage license said Miss Nancy
Philips but I question that. Here is why. I have been researching
Phillips/Philips in the Warren County TN area for sometime now. I am
particularly interested in any that might have lived in or around Warren Co
in about 1850 -1855. and then moved to KY.

I have found no Philips/Phillips in the 1850 census in Warren Co...but in
the 1860 census there were several including James born 1831 and Jno born
1830. I wondered if either of these had a brother who might be my missing
Phillips....so I started searching back. But first note that in the 1870
census these two men live very close to each other.....making me wonder if
they were related.

I could not locate any Phillips family I could connect either to. So I
started researching other possibilities....Jno was living with Patton
Farler and his wife Nancy....wondered if they were connected. That is when
I found them in the 1850 census - both James and Johnathan were living with
Nancy and Patton but the boys were using the name Farler at the time. By
1860 they had changed their names to Philips. I think it is very possible
they were Nancy's children when she married Patton and the census taker just
made a mistake in 1850. That is why I was trying to locate an possible
prior marriage. It is possible they were relatives of Nancy and not her
children but I am betting they were her sons.

If you learn anything else on this family I would love to hear from you.
Likewise if I find anymore I will let you know.
Thanks again - Lee