TNCANNON-L Archives

Archiver > TNCANNON > 2010-12 > 1292105556

Subject: Re: [TNCANNON] Phillips/Farler
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 16:12:36 -0600

I don't know who Nancy or an earlier husband was. I don't find any
candidate in the descendants of Benjamin H. F. Phillips. But I've been
told that the Patten was actually a Fowler, though the license does indeed
say Farler. I'm sure anyone who's done much genealogy knows of lots of
such errors on censuses, marriage records, etc. I was interested because
my great grandparents were Hugh B. Phillips and Mary Belle Fowler. The
person who gave me the "Fowler is correct" information said Patten
Farler/Fowler was Belle's cousin.