TNCANNON-L Archives

Archiver > TNCANNON > 2009-05 > 1242099140

Subject: Re: [TNCANNON] Moving from TN to TX
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 23:32:20 -0400

My grandfather's mother moved him and a couple of his sisters to Texas around 1898 after his father Jess Hiram Robinson died in Praeter.  His mother, Ida Mason Robinson, moved around north central Texas and the Indian Territory for several years.  Ida and her third husband settled around Claude, TX in Armstrong County.  To make a long story short, my grandfather, W. Foster Robinson, and his family moved to Bowie, TX in Montague County around 1924.  His mother and her husband also came to Bowie.  Ida Mason
Robinson Turner Cook and her last husband are buried in Bowie.  Both of my grandparents, W. Foster and Lucille Miller Robinson, are buried in Bowie.  My parents, Jones Miller and Katherine Dowd Robinson are buried in Montague.  I remember going to grade school with a girl named Sandra Sue Spain, I don't know if this is part of your family, but is not a common name.  My part of the family moved to Los Angeles in summer of 1958.  My parents moved back to Bowie in 1981 and lived there until deaths in the late 1990s.  My grandmother's family lived in Denton County around Sanger.  Her father was on the County Board there for many years, Jones M. Miller.  As I read these accounts, I some  times wonder with so many people moving to Texas, was there anyone left in Cannon County.

I now live in the Chicago area.

William L Robinson