TNCANNON-L Archives

Archiver > TNCANNON > 2009-05 > 1242014081

Subject: Re: [TNCANNON] Still Looking for a Connection
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 23:54:41 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/2009 3:04:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
writes:

William Goins 1871 - 1909?& Maggie Moore?Merritt Goins 1867 - 1951?-
children Sarah F. (married Wiley Johnson and William Sullins), Julia Ann
(married Jefferson Claude Hall), Jess (married Lynchie Northcutt and Millie
Thompson), Joe (married Jennie Sullins daughter of William Sullins above) and
Cora (married Ted Lane and Charles Higdon.? I believe all stayed in Cannon
except Cora died in OK in 1987.

For those of you seeking information on the Sullins Family in Cannon
County, go to Michael Cole's website and information on the Sullins/Sullens
family at
_http://www.thecolefamily.com/hobby/sullins.htm_
(http://www.thecolefamily.com/hobby/sullins.htm)

In the early 1980's I wrote a small book on the Sullins families in Cannon
County which was copied into the Cole site. To add your information to this
site, contact Michael Cole, who continues this work and collects
information
on the Sullins descendants in America.

According to the Cole website, William D. Sullins, mentioned above, was the
son of Zachariah Sullins and
Margaret Moore(?)

Here is the information from the website on that family:

Children of Zachariah5 SULLINS and Margaret MOORE(?) were as follows:
* i. Sarah6 SULLINS was born circa 1856 at TN.
* ii. George Ann SULLINS was born circa 1858 at TN.
* iii. James Andrew (Andy) SULLINS was born in Jun 1859 at TN. He
married Sarah SPURLOCK on 6 Oct 1881 at Cannon Co., TN.
He appeared on the census of Jun 1900 at Dongola Precinct, Union Co.,
Illinois, ED 97, Sh 5.
* iv. Arkansas (Zany) SULLINS was born circa 1862 at TN.
* v. Jacob B. SULLINS was born in May 1870 at Cannon Co., TN. He
married Ida BAILEY on 13 Oct 1898 at Cannon Co., TN.
He appeared on the census of 24 Jun 1900 at District 2, Cannon Co., TN, p.
27B, #223.
* vi. William D. SULLINS was born in Mar 1878 at TN. He married
Sarah (Sallie) GAITHER on 15 Sep 1897 at Cannon Co., TN. He married Sarah GOINS
on 2 May 1909 at Cannon Co., TN. He died on 18 Mar 1943 at Cannon Co., TN.

He and Sarah (Sallie) GAITHER appeared on the census of 25 Jun 1900 at
District 4, Cannon Co., TN, p. 42, #243. He and Sarah GOINS appeared on the
census of 1910 at Dist. 2, Cannon Co., TN, p. 3B, #36.
* vii. Alice E. SULLINS was born in Mar 1878 at TN. She married John
Jackson SIMMONS on 6 Sep 1903 at Cannon Co., TN. She died in 1952. She was
buried in 1952 at Cherry Creek Cemetery, Cannon Co., TN.
Please contact Michael Cole with any corrections you might have. I am
currently unable to keep up-to-date with corrections as I have a husband
who is ill and requires a lot of my attention.

Thank you,

Kathleen Rheman

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!