TNBENTON-L Archives

Archiver > TNBENTON > 2010-10 > 1287086991

From: "" <>
Subject: [TNBENTON] Willie Bevill/Beville/Bevil/Bevel
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:09:51 -0000

Author: TalvinBeville
Surnames: Bevill, Beville, Bevil, Bevel
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.tennessee.counties.benton/849/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi folks!

I've posted things on here before regarding my Great-Grandfather, Willie Bevill. I've hit road block after road block about how and when he died along with who his parents and his parents parents where. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know exactly when he was born but it was about 1889. The only known documents that we have are the census in 1910 when he and his new wife were about to have my grandfather Clarence Odell Bevill and when he married Diamond Finch in 1909. No known grave site, death date, etc. Rumor has it he died and his wife and only child left for Texas. Diamond died in Memphis due to surgical shock in 1918. She has a gravestone outside McKenzie, TN. I've run out of ways to find more about him. Please send me suggestions to try. I'm game for anything.

~Talvin Beville

p.s. I've tried to explore picking the brain of my aunts (daughters of Clarence Odell). They didn't know much because he apparently didn't share too much about his mom and dad. Maybe he didn't know alot himself.

Important Note: