TITUS-DUTCH-L Archives

Archiver > TITUS-DUTCH > 2004-04 > 1082941392

From: "Susie Martin-Rott" <>
Subject: Re: [TITUS-DUTCH] Jannetje (Jane) Titus
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:03:12 -0400

Well, will Syrach's baptism record do as "proof" of his parents?

Baptism record for Syrach at the Flatbush Dutch Reformed Church listed as
follows:
Date Father Mother Child
Sponsor
1679 Dec 28; Titus Sirachsz, Jannetje Teunis; Sjak; (sponsor) Hendrika
Strokels

Don't mind the spelling--Dutch loses something in the translation....
And yes, he did have a daughter Jannetje (Jane) married to Matthew Skene
(one of the many variant spellings on that one)

When Matthew died, she was the Administratrix of his will in Augusta Co VA:
"Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800.
Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County" by Lyman
Chalkley.

Skaine, Jane