THOMAS-L Archives

Archiver > THOMAS > 2008-05 > 1212027341

From: marsha moses <>
Subject: Re: [THOMAS] Nehemiah Thomas of Bush River
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:15:41 -0400

So sorry....I keep just kind of adding the Thomas mail list to my list
of those receiving e-mails from me....not very polite of me to have not
explained more. I have a family in Newberry County, SC in the late
1700's. George and Sarah Thomas McKinsey are my 5-gr-grandparents. My
VERY NOT proved gut feeling is that Sarah connects to the Thomas family
who live near Hopewell MM in northern Va in the early to mid 1700's.
The only "for sure" clue I have on Sarah is that she has a brother/uncle
named Nehemiah Thomas who was married to Abigail Moore. Sarah Thomas
McKinsey died circa 1809. I believe that she is likely buried in the
Bush River Cemetery which adjoined the Bush River MM at that time.
George moved his entire family to Ohio after Sarah's death with the mass
migration of the Quakers out of the south and into Ohio and Indiana.

There was a Bush River Homecoming the weekend of the 17th for people
that feel as if their ancestors have a connection to the Bush River
Cemetery. It was a VERY nice weekend, and I came home a bit excited
about this line of mine. Marsha in WV