TENNESSEE-L Archives

Archiver > TENNESSEE > 2008-02 > 1203128311

From: "Joyce G. Reece" <>
Subject: Re: [TENNESSEE] Sequatchie and Meigs
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:18:31 -0500

Not a problem...at least you knew there were line and formation changes. I
had someone recently insist to me that their ancestor didn't know where they
were born...Virginia or Kentucky...it said one thing on this census and the
other thing on that census. I just happened to mention the fact that they
could have easily been born in Virginia pre, 1794 and the same area be
Kentucky post 1794

It might have been confusing to tell the census taker that "I was born in
Virginia in 1790 but it is Kentucky now". The census taker just took a
guess as to what to actually write

Joyce Gaston Reece