TEAL-L Archives

Archiver > TEAL > 2004-09 > 1096228428

Subject: Re: George Teal of Freeman, IA, married a Cramer
Date: 26 Sep 2004 13:53:48 -0600

Surnames: CRAMER, DOUGLASS, CRAYMER
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/wYRBAIB/324.1.1

Message Board Post:

Sorry, Donna. These Cramers seem to be a tough bunch to follow.
I can tell you that Mary Ann Douglass was married to Samuel Cramer (b. ca 1801) in 1824 in Nelson twp, Halton County, Ontario. However, trying to find out where Samuel came from has posed some problems. The few census listings I have found say that Samuel was born in Ontario. But when I tried to find parents for him, or even a listing for him pre-1824, I have had no luck. There is a William Cramer listed on the 1830 tax assessment rolls for Nelson twp, but I have no connection of William with Samuel at this time. NC is a long way from Ontario, but I can't blame you for trying.
That's about all I have on Cramers around the 1830 period.
By the way, add another spelling to the possibilities: Craymer.
Good luck. Ethel

This thread: