TANKERSLEY-L Archives

Archiver > TANKERSLEY > 2003-05 > 1051892039

Subject: [TANKERSLEY-L] Re: Roseda Elizabeth TANKERSLEY, b. 15 Feb 1822, WV
Date: 2 May 2003 10:14:53 -0600

Surnames: Pennington - Wann - Stickney - Tankersley - Lancaster - Justis
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/XRRBAIB/316.2.1

Message Board Post:

Harriet, thank you so much for the additional information on the TANKERSLEY family that I'm researching. I'm very glad you contacted me and to learn that you've done so much work on this family. I've not been able to do much research on this family so I need all the help I can get!

I saw another message on this message board that you're working on a TANKERSLEY family book. When it is available, please let me know so I can purchase one from you.

Regarding the letter written by Andrew Jackson Mornore Pennington, Jr. about Roseda TANKERSLEY, I have a copy somewhere but I can't find it now. If my memory serves me right, I think what I have is a copy of a copy and hard to read. Have you by chance scanned your copy? If so, can you send me a copy of the scanned image?

You have added some great details about the TANKERSLEY family regarding where they were from and where they moved as well as other associated families. I have noted the same thing with my Pennington ancestors. There seem to be about 3 or 4 families that lived together and then migrated with each other for a few generations. I have noted the same trend in other Pennington Family Groups (refer to the Family Groups section on the Pennington Research Association's (PRA) website at www.PenningtonResearch.org).

How are you doing at being able to find evidence and/or sources for your research on the TANKERSLEY family? I'm having to use secondary sources for much of my research. It seems that not all of the families I'm researching kept a Family Bible, or if they did, its' been lost. I did find a copy of a page from the Hembree Family Bible which helped identify the date of birth and death for the father of Andrew Jackson Monroe Pennington, Sr.'s father, one Benajah (several variant spellings of the given name) Pennington, b. 1770, d. 1815.

I belong to PRA Family Group 7 just in case you need that for your research.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Gene

This thread: