Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2012-03 > 1332345744

Subject: Re: [S-I] CROGHAN surname
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:02:24 -0400 (EDT)

In the current issue of the Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society's issue (April/May Vol. 38 Number 5) there is a lengthy read on a George Croghan, Speculator and fur trader and his early activities in Allegheny Co, Pittsburgh PA.

A Dr. Miles Richard was a speaker at the September meeting of the WPGS, and the article is a summary of his lecture.

Two sources are mentioned: "George Croghan: Wilderness Diplomat", by Nicholas B. Wainwright, and "George Croghan and the Westward Movement, 1741-1782", by Albert T. Volwiler.

Dont' know if this is relevant to the post below, but thought to post anyhow.

Marybeth C.