Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2012-02 > 1329013055

Subject: Re: [S-I] 17th century Ulster records for Individuals on, Montgomery,Hamilton,
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 02:17:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ann, thanks, that's the index whose name I forgot -- the published index for the old GRO manuscripts in Dublin.

You can go to www.worldcat.org and create an account and tell it where you live. THen it will search for this book (or any other) and tell you where the closest copies are.

The whole collection of microfilm is not only in Salt Lake but also in the FHL in Los Angeles, btw. Where the weather is probably better than either here or Salt Lake today.

Unfortunately these manuscripts are largely Anglo Irish and some Irish (significant families). Not much in them on Ulster farm families. But you never know so it can be worth a look.

Linda Merle