Scotch-Irish-L ArchivesArchiver > Scotch-Irish > 2012-02 > 1328775894
From: Extant <>
Subject: [S-I] Aberdeen Butteries
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 03:24:54 -0500
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
2 teaspoons of dried yeast
450ml warm water
Pinch of salt
Baking Directions For Aberdeen Butteries:
1. Make a paste from the yeast, sugar and a wee bit of the warm water
and set aside.
2. Mix the flour and the salt together. Once the yeast has bubbled up
add this and mix well to a dough and leave to rise.
3. Cream the butter and lard and divide into three portions.
4. Once the dough has doubled in size give it a good knead then roll
into a rectangle about 1cm thick.
5. Then spread one portion of the butter mixture over two thirds of the
6. Fold the remaining third of the dough over onto the butter mixture
and fold the other bit over - giving three layers. Roll this back to the
7. Allow to cool for 40 minutes.
8. Repeat stages 5-7 twice more.
9. Cut the dough into 16 pieces and shape each to a rough circle and
place on baking trays.
10. Set aside to rise for about 45 minutes then bake at 200c for 15
|[S-I] Aberdeen Butteries by Extant <>|