Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-12 > 1322933005

From: "Edward Andrews" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] DNA Made Simple
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 17:23:25 -0000

Please remember that there is considerable suspicion of genealogy among many
people in Ulster, and as a result those who are seeking cousins across the
pond should expect that the response will be underwhelming.

Part of the problem is that historically a particular religious group
rather insensitively sought to get involved in records and caused a lot of
grief in the 1950s. Ulster people have long memories.
Edward