Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-11 > 1321541635

Subject: Re: [S-I] Sorry no lookups today
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:53:55 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Warwick, I think my daughter really warrants the sainthood. She adopted a dog from the pound. He got leukemia. Needed $7000 worth of chemo. She had to get a second job to pay for it. Now that's devotion. I have a neighbor who has a cat with a cleft palate and doesn't eat normally too good. She's a nurse, thank God. I suspect they'd repair the palate for only a few thousand at this place where my cat is.

I think my daughter's dog is worth more than my eleven year old car .... hmm, my cat probably is worth more too.

Trying to reduce guilt due to an off topic post...... The Scotch Irish can be quite fond of their animals. I have sometimes called my family "the people who couldn't stop farming.' We have a funny story about a cousin of my mother, a very proper lady married to a local mortician, whose goat developed an intestinal disorder. There was no way to get him to the vet but in the new hearse. So she loaded him in, she in high heels, hat, gloves (it was the 40s) and off she drove. Unfortunately goat got a diarhea attack on the way. They needed a new hearse. I don't think he divorced her, but it was close.

Linda Merle