Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-10 > 1319733106

From: Bob Kissel <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Antrim Ancestors
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Linda -
    Wow, I am still in awe.  I have a Phillips family that moved from Belfast to
Liverpool in 1856.  This family used surnames as middle names which I hope helps
(Philip Marmin Bartholemew Phillips, mothers name was Ann Marmion).  He had a
brother Hugh Phillips.  They both had daughters An Lowry Phillips and sons
William John Phillips.  There father was William Phillips.  I found Philips
marriage to Mary Chapman in 1855 in Newry.  But they did not use their real
places of birth, just where they were living.  I traced Mary Chapman to Lambeg
and found her family.  Philip is a puzzle at every turn.
I believe Ann Marmion was from the Kilkeel area.
    I have a cousin in England who's grandmother was the granddaughter of
Philip's son Hugh.  We have got several clues.  Philip went from being an iron
moulder in Belfast to being a warehouseman in Liverpool.  So somehow he came
into money.
    I found a man in Ireland who came up with dead ends but did find a few
things.
I will go over your manual and it looks good.
Thank you again,

Bob