Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-10 > 1319653332

From: sean roche <>
Subject: [S-I] FEE FAMILY IN FERMANAGH
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:22:12 +0000

HI,

I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE SCOTTISH MACPHEE OR MACFEE MIGRATION TO FERMANAGH AND N. IRELAND IN GENERAL.

MY EARLIEST KNOWN ANCESTOR IS BURIED IN AN ANCIENT GRAVEYARD IN FERMANAGH, AND HE WAS BORN IN 1715.

THE FAMILY FARM IS CLOSE TO WHERE HE WAS BURIED, AND HIS SON APPEARS IN THE TITHE APPLOTMENT RETURN DATED 1832 LIVING AT THE FARM.

I HAVE READ ABOUT MACFEEs COMING TO N IRELAND TO FIGHT IN 1690, SO WONDER IF THERE IS A CONNECTION THERE ?

OR MAYBE WHEN THE SCOTS WERE OFFERED LAND TO FARM IN N. IRELAND ?

ANY INFORMATION OR RESEARCH IDEAS WOULD BE MOST WELCOME.

REGARDS,

SEAN

This thread: