Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-06 > 1309276581

From: Sharon Oddie Brown <>
Subject: [S-I] New material on The Silver Bowl web site
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:56:21 -0700

I have just transcribed, annotated and posted another 40 or so pages
worth of deeds on my web site - thanks to the help of others. Although,
you can find them by going directly to the NEW section of my website, I
suggest starting by reading the piece on my blog about doing them. This
piece will connect you with other relevant links.

These new documents focus on COULTER and DICKIE families living near
Carrickastuck in Co. Louth in the mid 1700s to mid 1800s. There are
dozens of other names mentioned as well, and where their particulars are
known to me, I have added them into the footnotes. The people mentioned
in these documents include emigrants to America, as well as family and
business connections of family in Monaghan, Armagh, Down, Louth, Antrim
and Dublin. There may be other counties as well. The more I do, the more
I learn.

The blog about doing them can be found at:
http://sharonoddiebrown.blogspot.com/2011/06/have-trod-have-trod.html

If you just want to cut to the chase, they are listed beside the dates
June 25th & 26th, 2011 at:
http://www.thesilverbowl.com/misc/whatsnew.htm

I have also updated my Rootsweb tree to include new information gained
from doing this work. SEE:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=silverbowl

As always, if I have made any mistakes, no matter how trivial, or if you
can add to the footnotes, then please let me know. I keep fixing things
up as I go, and hopefully a year from now I will dig in and do a really
good cleanup of the whole site. In the meantime, I will keep adding to
it - like Topsy.

--
Sharon Oddie Brown,
Roberts Creek, BC, Canada.