Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-06 > 1308155526

From: "Donna" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Genetics, etc
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:32:07 -0400

Actually some of us need fish genes while others of us need camel genes! I
don't need the fish genes, even though I live in WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE
tropical, rainy Florida...camel genes would come in handy. We are also
having fires here in FLorida, just not as bad as where some friends and
family are...but we have not ducked the tornado issue..midwestern types
hitting Florida this year, including somehow missing our house...as did the
lightning strikes.

And, for a part being on 'semi-topic', have any of you looked at the
Melungeons and the stories around them. Reason for this...my SI ancestry
may have kind of mixed up with them..which possibly could account for both
my husband and I having family members who look Mediterranean or Arab, or
who knows what.
Donna
ps. normally I don't do a reply but the heat is frying my brain as is the
humidity...so I am leaving it..promise I will try to remember to not do it
again.