Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-05 > 1304606589

From: "john.hume" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] history and Hume / Hulme
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 15:43:09 +0100

Hi Charlie,
Many thanks for your message, so sorry about the delay, but hope you are
still safe and sound from all that wind that seems to be blowing around the
USA.
Obviously I'm unable to tell you about YOUR HULME's, but I know that I would
NOT take any notice of that name in my family. Since starting this silly (?)
hobby for the past 20 years I have NEVER even seen mentioned a HULME within
all the 3600 HUME names that are in my family tree.

I have now only allowed and 'S' to be on the end as the DNA has put me in
touch with an American, on a 67 marker. Upon re-looking at the actual parish
record from which I have my earliest Andrew Hume, I would bet 50/50 it is
with an 'S', only because it seems to suit my purpose. This is of course
going back to 1717 and his marriage to Elizabeth Corner up in Durham. The
writing at this time was very 'flowery'. But never with an 'L', sorry
Charlie if that has ruined anything for you.
regards
john HUME