Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-04 > 1301951898

From: "Virginia Beck" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Hanoverians,British-German Royal Family of Windsor (Hanover)-Mountbatten
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 14:18:18 -0700

I have a York line but, of the information I started with, only my maternal
gg-grandparent's names proved to be accurate, and I haven't succeeded in
tracing either family much farther.

My maternal gg-grandmother was Hester York, b. 1826 in New York, d. 1903 in
Wisconsin. She married William Johnson in 1845 in Lima, Rock County,
Wisconsin. He was killed during the Civil War on May 10, 1864 at Laurel
Hill, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
Hester's mother was Lucy O. York (I discovered Lucy in a notarized statement
she made to prove her daughters right to a widow's pension - Nat'l
Archives). Lucy may have been the wife of a Miletus York or someone closely
related to him (and there is more than one Miletus York). I have found a
tantalizing amount of information indicating that a Miletus had close ties
with my family, but so far no documentation to prove a relationship. I'm
still digging!
Virginia