Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-03 > 1299945356

From: "Sarah" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] SCOTCH-IRISH Digest, Johnsons of the Iroquois
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:56:17 -0600

alas from my cousins information it is a family feud type thing.
The Two brothers came to the USA......some of their descentants
went over to the hometown to visit and were not allowed to even go inside.
Were turned away......can you imagine how frustrating that was ???? to be on
the steps of relatives and they wont speak to you.
Thanks for the ideas but with human nature as it is. It isn't important to
them .......they would rather be mad about whatever??? no one knows.
I have looked at the Johnson sites and sent out queries but no help yet.
one thing the oldest grandmother said that was very confusing was that the
brothers had long hair braided on the sides and wore black. NOW that is
really a question? Like the Hasssidic Jews it sounds like. So this is some
of my brick walls.
ANYONE know how to look them up??
Sarah