Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-02 > 1298146733

From: Sharon Oddie Brown <>
Subject: [S-I] Gardening in the early 1800s
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:18:53 -0800

A blog that I did recently is not directly about genealogy, but may
interest some. My brother Struan, a part-time, organic gardener,
introduced me to a couple of old books on gardening practices, one
published in 1802 and one in 1885. Both books give us remarkable
insights into how crops were raised, and in reading them, what can we
can apply to today. The blog has links to where the books can be found
on the internet.
You can find this blog at:
Sharon Oddie Brown
Sharon Oddie Brown, Roberts Creek, BC, Canada. History Project: Blog: Some Become Flowers: Family Tree:

This thread: