Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-12 > 1293140277

From: "Edward Andrews" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Cultural List, Highlanders, Lowlanders, etc
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:38:04 -0000

Try sending Subscribe to
Sorry. Iona is not part of Mull. It is an island off the South West coast of
mull where Irish monks settled from 535. It was an important centre for the
propagation of the Christian faith until it was raided by the Vikings.
I worked with the modern Iona Community there in the summers from 1966 to
1973
Edward