Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-12 > 1292878210

Subject: Re: [S-I] 1718 Migration- Hume family
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:50:10 -0500 (EST)

John,
A little confused. If your ancestor HUME is in Durham, Mass in 1720 and
the other guy is 1760 then your ancestor is first. Why look for 1760 unless
your trying to prove his line?
Secondly, what do you mean "south of the border" ?? Back in those days,
north was French territory. Not going to find any British subject up north.

In Ireland you have JOHN HUME Ruling Elder in 1706 from Ballyeaston,
Antrim. Hume's are still in Ballyeaston in the 1830's. Do you're 67-marker DNA
test and go to Ballyeaston and you might find your match. Save's a lot of
guess work. I spend over 4 times the DNA test amount every year of genealogy
research.
In America you have JANET HUME married to Robert Graham of Chester,
New Hampshire. Durham, MA and Chester, NH are not that far apart.
Cromwell's prisoners are documented. NEHGS just did an article on these
prisoners by Diane Rapport. She's great at early New England legal document
research.

So send me your 1720 ancestor, and I'll see what I can add.
Thanks,
Colin Brooks
The 1718 Project

In a message dated 12/17/2010 11:06:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,