Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-12 > 1292284993

From: Don Thompson <>
Subject: [S-I] Two brickwalls gone, Thompson-Mc Cullock, 1747-1845
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:03:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi Linda,
First I want to thank you for the notice of the new beta site for the Family Search site. I was surprised at the ease of use at the new site. I have been doing research on my surname Thompson for a while now and have many brickwalls to overcome. I had to go through a few pages at the new site and then BINGO!! Two brickwalls at one time, my GG grandfather Henry’s birth date and his mothers maiden name, “Mc Cullock” and all from a church I had never heard of. Now I have to research her name to see what I can find.
This was the info:

Henry Thompson
Born 4 May 1803
Father: Henry Thompson
Mother: Eleanor Mc Cullock
Info from: Graham's United Presbyterian Church, Pine Bush, Orange, New York

My estimate on Eleanor's birth is ca 1765 and Henry's father Henry birth was 1747, both were from Ireland, unknown township.
Eleanor was AKA Hannah E. Thompson and nickname was Nellie.

I might as well ask while I am writing here, is anyone on this site doing
Mc Cullock research? If so please contact me at

Again Linda, thank you and many thanks for all the knowledgeable information and effort you put into this wonderful Scotch-Irish site and I too am an great admirer of you wit, you make research interesting [grin].

Don Thompson
Whittier, CA