Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-12 > 1291322780

From: "macbd1.4u" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] This is a test from the Admin +migration ships PattonMcDonald others
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:46:20 -0600

Linda, I'm not working today, donno 'bout others on the list or whether
rootsweb needs some help. Btw, who should I go see and what should I tell
them if I believe the entire list is not working today...? Furthermore,
etc. etc.

Yeau, give me an 'F' if that is still a legitimate test-grade. My tension
span is not what it once was and I can't even learn the path of my earliest
known ancestor, Joseph McDonald, before he settled the Great South Branch of
the Potomac River settlement area of Lord Fairfax in the 1750's, now
Hampshire Co. WV, where his son, Valentine, (my line) was born 11 Jan 1760
per his Rev. War pension records. Joseph may have come with Capt. Patton to
Hobbe's Hole (Virginia) or another port at the tip of Chesapeake Bay, or
maybe more likely at Lewes or New Castle of Delaware Bay -- then walked the
Great Wagon Road to Virginia. Or maybe his father was the immigrant who
left his entire Kent Co. (DE) farmland to his eldest son (primogeniture
ways) leaving younger Joseph to find his way to the Virginia frontier to
better himself, or as part of an indenturing arrangement for learning a
trade...? (Finding a proved 'tie' to the Kent County McDonald has been
difficult to say the least; ditto for other possibilities.)

Regards,
Neil McDonald
PS - I really didn't intend to post all of this when I began, now I can't
stop.

Below is more info about this from a prior time. Maybe this will help
someone or at least provide some interesting tidbits. The sorry part is
that I cannot vouch for validity of all data. Well, here goes: