Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-11 > 1289428839

From: Sharon Fontenot <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Yup, the list is still here
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:40:39 -0600

Hi Linda & all -

Hi folks, the list and rootsweb, in fact, all the web, is still here.
Nothing is happening on the list because you haven't made a post. It's not
like TV: you tune in and watch. Nope, you're part of the soap opera cast.
So let us know what you're doing, what you'd like some advice with, who you
are looking for, etc, and get a new thread started.

Perhaps it's because October was Family History Month, but there were a lot
of programs and seminars around here, too, and I went to several. My
favorite was the seminar with Fintan Mullen and Dr. Brian Trainer of the
Ulster Historical Foundation who I'd missed the last time they were in
Houston. Very informative, great presentation and handouts and a table full
of paperbacks to purchase. I bought a copy of *Researching Scots-Irish
Ancestors* by William Roulston which has been mentioned here.

Still researching McCombs.

Sharon