Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-06 > 1277588743

From: william mccombs <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] News Scotch Irish List
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:45:43 -0500

Linda,

Neither of us have any specific paper trail to Northern Ireland. Her
ancestor was born 1805 in NY and mine 1793 in Abbevile, SC. The only
possible connection is that I
know several McCombs entered Charleston SC in about 1763 1773 when South
Carolina had established the land bounty act for Protestants from Ireland
and several other countries. I have yet to establish a definite paper trail
to these emigrants. However, I have done some basic research on surnames in
Ireland and found the McComb/(s) were abundant in Down and Antrim counties.

Currently both Sharon and I have McCombs projects on FTDNA and ancestry.com.
We both have been tested at 67 markers and have a genetic distance of 2.
While I have not been SNP tested, Sharon has and has the same exact
halogroup R1b2a1b5b as your McAmis...

Sharon (we are working together) has more information on the Ulster Heritage
Project , so I will ask her to take this off line to you..

Thanks for all the informaion

Bill