Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-06 > 1277176800

From: "Jerrian Barsness" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] New CD Rom Londonderry databases
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:20:00 -0500

Carolyn, The genealogical tour I was on in 1984, was mostly Northern
Ireland, but in actuality, we went around the entire outer edge of the
Island, with a side trip or two in towards the middle in places. We were
gone for 15 days, on a tour bus, and it was wonderful. There were soldiers
and barbed wire and security gates and a mile of "no man's land", and we
stayed at a motel that had been bombed 2 times already; but there were no
incidents, and the people were so friendly and nice. I cried when we left.
Jerrian