Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-06 > 1276894177

Subject: Re: [S-I] Question about Smith name
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:49:37 EDT

Linda-

If you hadn't said this I was going to. People traveled all over even in
the earliest days of human history. Even though I'm identified genetically as
100% Northern European I have a small percentage of Middle Eastern
ancestry -- including a rare non-ABO blood antigen that originated among the
Arabic population.

I think sometimes some of these 'genetics for dummies' type books <g> try
to over-simplify and that leads to misconceptions.

Joan

In a message dated 6/18/2010 4:25:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,