Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-04 > 1272495591

Subject: Re: [S-I] Mitchell, Scotch/Irish New York to Michigan
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:59:51 EDT

Linda,

I don't think the chances are good of finding much about them. I have a
John Ellis that married a Mary Quinn, from the early 1700's. It looks like
John may have been born in MD, of English or Welch parent's. His mother was a
Clarke. Mary Quinn's father was Henry, but it doesn't say where he was
born. Somehow they married in Rowen County, NC, but John died in York, SC.
Did they have a large Scotch-Irish population there?

Bonnie O'Neil

In a message dated 4/28/2010 3:42:30 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,